Heart is one of the most important organs in our body. It is a muscle that works continuously and helps supplying blood to all parts of our body; however, despite all the hype on heart issues, it is one of the most ignored organs. In the recent years, heart diseases have been one of the major causes of death among both men and women across the globe. The unhealthy lifestyle is to be blamed for this condition. Lack of exercise, smoking, drinking, and excess consumption of unhealthy food puts our heart at increased risk. However, it is never too late to heal our hearts naturally.. But, how do we do it? Naturopathy is the answer.
With naturopathy your heart can be healed and the risk of heart diseases can be reduced to a remarkable extent. According to the principles of Naturopathy, the body heals itself or comes back to its normal state when the right changes are followed. Even though there are certain uncontrollable environmental factors such as electromagnetic fields, food additives and pollutants, the increasing rate of heart related diseases are majorly linked to lifestyle, which are controllable like we often use caffeine for energy, junk food to satiate our taste buds and alcohol to relax. Naturopathy believes that unhealthy lifestyle is the primary reason and changes in it can help in healing our body.
Can Naturopathy help in dealing with heart diseases?
Yes! Naturopathy can help you deal with heart diseases. Despite the fact that it is a time taking process as a lot of time is required to understand a patient’s dietary patterns, lifestyle, etc., yet it can deal with heart diseases effectively. The Naturopaths keep in mind all of these aspects, and prescribes necessary changes to treat such conditions. Some of the noteworthy changes that are necessary for treating heart related diseases are enumerated below:
- Quit both active and passive smoking
- Manage your weight
- Minimum 60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise regularly
- Eat 5-10 portions of fruits and vegetables
- Cut-down on the consumption of animal fat
- Mitigate your stress with regular meditation
Besides incorporating all these changes, family and social circle’s support is equally or rather most important to bring about the necessary changes to your lifestyle. This will not only make you heart-healthy, but will also ensure that they are heart-healthy as well.
With Naturopathy, heart diseases can be a very good way to avoid surgery. Over the years, several cases wherein patients were recommended by-pass and angioplasty have been effectively treated with Naturopathy. Bottle Gourd juice, if taken on a regular basis along with regular heart medication can work wonders. This is because bottle gourd juice helps in lowering blood sugar levels, weight, blood pressure and cholesterol. However, you will only be able to benefit from this treatment only if certain changes are made to your lifestyle such as abstinence from alcohol, all forms of tobacco, and non-vegetarian food. Furthermore, Naturopathy treatment can be administered to people of all age groups together with all the necessary precautions. This means that even children with heart related diseases can be treated with this method.
Another question that will definitely arise is how soon will you be able to see some positive changes in your health reports? Well, unlike other forms of treatment, Naturopathy does not show the difference immediately after starting the treatment. However, if you maintain a healthy lifestyle that has been prescribed by your Naturopath for the required/recommended duration, then all the changes will be visible. It is important for you to understand and know that your doctor will first figure out the imbalances and these must be corrected in order to bring back your body to the normal state.
Tips to keep your heart healthy
A healthy heart is important to live a healthy and long life and keeping it healthy is not a herculean task, rather it is pretty much easy. Here are some tips to help you keep your heart healthy.
- Switch to a heart healthy diet: Switching to a heart-friendly and healthy diet, which is full of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain and fibre, will ensure you a better and healthy heart. Also, it is important that you cut down on the consumption of foods that are high on cholesterol, trans-fat and saturated fat. Furthermore, try and avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils as it contains trans-fats as only 30% of your daily calorie intake should be from fat and lesser than that in form saturated fats. Hence, make sure that you choose dairy products that are either fat-free or low-fat. Also, make sure that you reduce your salt intake.
- Say no to smoking: Smoking, whether you do it actively or passively, it affects your heart to a great extent. Although quitting it is not very easy, particularly if you have been a regular smoker, but when you kick the butt for good, you can experience the benefits, which starts showing up quite fast. After you have said good bye to the cigarettes and maintain the discipline for some considerable period, the heart will be restored to the same condition as that of a non-smoker. And, if you are not an active smoker, try to avoid passive smoking as it is as bad as active smoking.
- Exercise regularly: To stay healthy regular exercise is essential. It strengthens your heart and at the same time it keeps your blood pressure, blood sugar levels, weight and cholesterol in control. 60 minutes of daily exercise will definitely keep you fit and young. However, before starting off with your new fitness regime have a word with your doctor.
- Laughter and meditation: After a long and tiring day, stress is sure to build up and this affects your heart to a great extent. Laughing your heart out will help you relax and increase the blood flow in your body, which will help in keeping your heart healthy. Besides laughing out loud, meditation is also equally important as it will help you relax and have a good night’s sleep. Relaxation and proper sleep is important for a healthy heart.
- Never miss your regular check-ups: To keep a track of your blood sugar levels, cholesterol and blood pressure, regular health check-ups are important. In case there is any sort of abnormality in your body, it can be detected and treated at an early stage. Thus, to ensure a healthy body never be lazy to go for your regular health check-ups.
To sum it up, Naturopathy is a scientific yet a natural way to stay fit. Your health is your wealth and what can be better than healing your body naturally. However, to heal your heart with Naturopathy you will need to have a lot of patience.