We often tend to ignore the heart, which is one of the most important organs in our body until it starts showing up signs of being neglected. It is important to understand that our lifestyle, the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe, everything affects our body. It is our responsibility to take care of it before things get worse. Heart being a vital organ, taking care of it is imperative to live a healthier life. It is this organ that pumps blood to 75 trillion cells in your body, making it the most important organ because if it stops pumping purified blood, you will not be able to survive.
You can take care of your heart and keep it healthy by including a few commonly found herbs in your daily diet. Some of the herbs that are capable of keeping your heart healthy are enumerated below:
- Garlic: One of the most popular herbs used in various cuisine worldwide, Garlic has abundance of medicinal properties that helps in keeping your heart healthy. If consumed on a regular basis, it is capable of reducing the production of bad LDL and promotes the production of good cholesterol. It also helps in regulating the blood pressure levels. In addition, regular consumption of this medicinal herb helps in improving the blood circulation in the body.
- Cayenne (Red Chillies): The popular red chillies that you often use in your kitchen to spice up the curries, but did you know it also good for your heart? This spice contains capsaicin, a substance that is capable of improving the elasticity of the blood vessels. In addition, it also helps in keeping the bad cholesterol level lower as well as reduces the risk of blood clot. This spice helps in maintaining your overall cardiovascular health.
- Ginger: Another common herb that you can find in your kitchen is ginger. Known for being effective in healing a number of ailments, it also helps in lowering the LDL cholesterol levels and prevents blood clot.
- Green Tea: Green tea is a rich source of antioxidants, which helps your body to get rid of the toxin build up in the body, thus helping in keeping your heart and blood vessels in good condition.
- Arjuna Bark: Loaded with flavonoids, tannins, and triterpenoid saponins, the bark of the Arjuna tree is good for your cardiovascular health. It helps in lowering the blood pressure as well as LDL cholesterol levels, ensuring a healthier heart.
- Guggulu: An ancient herb mentioned in the Ayurveda, Guggul is known to improve your heart’s health. It is capable of reducing the cholesterol-containing plaque that builds up in the inner walls of the arteries. It increases the metabolic rate of the body as well as helps in lowering the LDL levels, thus ensuring a healthier heart.