Quinoa is a superfood, which contains protein, fibre, iron, copper, thiamine, and vitamin B6. It is one of the few plant-based protein sources that contains all the 9 essential amino acids. Here is a healthy, but tasty Quinoa recipe that you can savour without counting calories.
- 1 Take 1 cup of Quinoa and wash it properly. Soak it in clean water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2 Chop the onion and garlic pods into small pieces.
- 3 Julienne the 3 peppers.
- 4 Strain the water and put the Quinoa in a sauce pan. Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and few drops of olive oil. Cover it and let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5 Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and heat it. Add the chopped onions and garlic to the oil and sauté them for a minute.
- 6 Add the bell peppers to the sautéed onions and garlic. Sauté them for about 2 - 3 minutes until they are cooked.
- 7 Add the boiled Quinoa to the pan and mix them well. Fry them for another 3 - 5 minutes on low heat.
- 8 Remove it from the stove and garnish it with dried oregano and chilli flakes.