Loaded with calcium, Ragi Seviyan makes for a super healthy breakfast. It is typically available in stores that sell South Indian foods. You can make this in just 10 minutes and serve it either for breakfast or as an evening snack for your hungry toddlers.
- 1 Soak Ragi Seviyan in warm water for 2 minutes. Drain water and keep it aside.
- 2 Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a broad pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and chilli for seasoning.
- 3 To the seasoning, add the chana dal and roast till it turns slightly brown.
- 4 Add a pinch of turmeric, the soaked Ragi Seviyan, salt and stir well.
- 5 Cook for 2-3 minutes, add freshly grated coconut, mix it and serve hot.