Who doesn’t like chocolate? And why do we scold our kids for indulging in them? Cocoa, the main ingredient, is healthy, but chocolate manufacturers add a lot of vegetable oil, sugar and milk powder to make it unhealthy. Raw cocoa powder is full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. So, here is a super healthy dessert recipe for your kids, who won’t even know about Ragi being added.
- 1 Take a heavy bottom pan, add 1 cup water, 2-3 teaspoon of ghee/ oil and bring to boil on a medium flame to allow gentle cooking.
- 2 Add the jaggery and allow to melt and bring to boil.
- 3 Add grated coconut, ragi flour, cocoa and dry dates powder to the melted jaggery and mix well.
- 4 Stir continuously and keep adding ghee/ oil little by little for the mixture to get together.
- 5 Cook until the mixture starts to leave the side of the pan. Switch off the heat and pour the mixture into a greased tray.
- 6 Using a knife, cut it into square blocks and leave it to cool.