Benefits of Massage for Babies Baby Promotes better sleep Provides relief from teething pains Provides relief from flatulence Relieves indigestion Reduces cranky behavior Helps in gaining weight Strengthens the…
Cultivated all over India as a salad plant, Chnadrashoor or Garden Cress is an annual herb that belongs to the mustard family. The seeds and leaves of Garden Cress offer numerous health benefits and it is especially regarded as one of the best nutritive herbs available. In certain parts of India, Chandrashoor is given to children as it is known to promote physical growth. Chandrashoor pacifies the Vata and Kapha Doshas hence it is very useful in diseases of Vata-Kapha origin. In Ayurveda, Chandrashoor is included under a group called as Chaturbeeja. The group Chaturbeeja comprises of four seeds namely kalanji, methi, chandrashoor and ammi. This group possesses several medicinal properties such as it is analgesic and anti- inflammatory in nature.
The seeds of Garden Cress are a rich source of dietary fiber, proteins, essential amino acids and minerals and are used for the treatment of gout, diarrhea, skin diseases, asthma and hiccups. The seeds have cholesterol lowering, anti-inflammatory, blood-pressure lowering, analgesic, diuretic, anti-diarrheal and galactogogue properties.
- Chandrashoor is an effective emmenagogue. The seeds of Chandrashoor contain phytochemicals that resemble the hormone estrogen hence it is used for treating amenorrhoea and irregular menstrual cycles.
- Chandrashoor has rejuvenating properties and is given to women after delivery to restore their strength. It is also used by lactating mothers to improve breast milk production. Further, it is known to improve semen and sperm quality and quantity.
- Chandrashoor helps in the faster healing of fractures and thus a good remedy for broken bones and osteoporosis. Chandrashoor is also known to improve muscles and to increase physical stamina.
- Chandrashoor because of its mucilaginous (thick, gluey substance) properties provide relief from the irritation of the mucous membrane of the intestines in cases of amoebic dysentery and diarrhea. Chandrashoor is also consumed to eliminate parasites and increase appetite.
- Iodine is necessary for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and Chandrashoor is one of the best sources of iodine apart from seaweed such as kelp. The chlorophyll rich leaves which possess antioxidant properties are an effective anti-cancer substance.
Low sperm count
Lepidium sativum, Garden cress, Chandrashoor, Halim, Chansur, Alavi beeja, Halim Shak, Asheliyo, Adityalu, Adeli, Alivirai, Halium, Raktabija, Garden Cress, Garden pepper cress
What is the best recommended use of the herb ‘Chandrashoor’?The best use of the herb ‘Chandrashoor’ is that it ensure proper growth, hence its powder is specially recommended for children.
What are Chandrashoor ayurvedic properties?The ayurvedic properties of Chandrashoor are: GUNA (Quality)Laghu(light), Ruksha(dry), Tikshan(sharp) RASA (Taste)Pungent, Tikta/Bitter VIPAK (Metabolism)Katu(pungent) VIRYA (Potency)Ushan(hot)
Diarrhea which is caused by a virus is an increase in the number of watery and loose bowel movements. Symptoms of diarrhea include abdominal pain, urgency to have a bowel movement, thin stools, cramping and bloating. With diarrhea, there is a risk of getting dehydrated hence it is important to keep consuming water regularly.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
9 Wholesome Foods That Your Baby Will Love As if the stress of taking care of a baby, trying to get the baby to sleep through the night and dealing…
Common Causes of Hair Fall Thyroid Problems Hormonal disorders Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Hormonal imbalances Scalp Infections Fungal infections Pregnancy Hormonal changes Use of Birth Control Pills Side effect of the…
6 Home Remedies that will prevent hair fall and promote growth Did you know that our scalp has approximately 100,000 strands of hair and that we lose 50-100 strands a…
8 MOST COMMON STOMACH AILMENTS & HOW TO TREAT THEM AT HOME COMMON STOMACH AILMENTS INDIGESTION HEARTBURN ACIDITY GASTRITIS STOMACH ACHE VOMITING GAS PEPTIC ULCER HOW TO TREAT THEM AT…
Community threadsView all
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 1 week ago
- Rahul Siwal
How do I manage type 2 diabetes using natural and herbal products?
- 2 weeks ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 3 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 3 months ago
So how well do you #knowthybody? Do share some interesting facts about the human body.
- 4 months ago