If you are passionate about fitness, you have to read about these 10 foods that boost stamina and endurance. After all, fitness is 80% diet & 20% exercise.
Cultivated all over India as a salad plant, Chnadrashoor or Garden Cress is an annual herb that belongs to the mustard family. The seeds and leaves of Garden Cress offer numerous health benefits and it is especially regarded as one of the best nutritive herbs available. In certain parts of India, Chandrashoor is given to children as it is known to promote physical growth. Chandrashoor pacifies the Vata and Kapha Doshas hence it is very useful in diseases of Vata-Kapha origin. In Ayurveda, Chandrashoor is included under a group called as Chaturbeeja. The group Chaturbeeja comprises of four seeds namely kalanji, methi, chandrashoor and ammi. This group possesses several medicinal properties such as it is analgesic and anti- inflammatory in nature.
The seeds of Garden Cress are a rich source of dietary fiber, proteins, essential amino acids and minerals and are used for the treatment of gout, diarrhea, skin diseases, asthma and hiccups. The seeds have cholesterol lowering, anti-inflammatory, blood-pressure lowering, analgesic, diuretic, anti-diarrheal and galactogogue properties.
- Chandrashoor is an effective emmenagogue. The seeds of Chandrashoor contain phytochemicals that resemble the hormone estrogen hence it is used for treating amenorrhoea and irregular menstrual cycles.
- Chandrashoor has rejuvenating properties and is given to women after delivery to restore their strength. It is also used by lactating mothers to improve breast milk production. Further, it is known to improve semen and sperm quality and quantity.
- Chandrashoor helps in the faster healing of fractures and thus a good remedy for broken bones and osteoporosis. Chandrashoor is also known to improve muscles and to increase physical stamina.
- Chandrashoor because of its mucilaginous (thick, gluey substance) properties provide relief from the irritation of the mucous membrane of the intestines in cases of amoebic dysentery and diarrhea. Chandrashoor is also consumed to eliminate parasites and increase appetite.
- Iodine is necessary for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and Chandrashoor is one of the best sources of iodine apart from seaweed such as kelp. The chlorophyll rich leaves which possess antioxidant properties are an effective anti-cancer substance.
Low sperm count
Lepidium sativum, Garden cress, Chandrashoor, Halim, Chansur, Alavi beeja, Halim Shak, Asheliyo, Adityalu, Adeli, Alivirai, Halium, Raktabija, Garden Cress, Garden pepper cress
What is the best recommended use of the herb ‘Chandrashoor’?The best use of the herb ‘Chandrashoor’ is that it ensure proper growth, hence its powder is specially recommended for children.
What are Chandrashoor ayurvedic properties?The ayurvedic properties of Chandrashoor are: GUNA (Quality)Laghu(light), Ruksha(dry), Tikshan(sharp) RASA (Taste)Pungent, Tikta/Bitter VIPAK (Metabolism)Katu(pungent) VIRYA (Potency)Ushan(hot)
Diarrhea which is caused by a virus is an increase in the number of watery and loose bowel movements. Symptoms of diarrhea include abdominal pain, urgency to have a bowel movement, thin stools, cramping and bloating. With diarrhea, there is a risk of getting dehydrated hence it is important to keep consuming water regularly.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
The fresh and sweet smelling Lavender Essential Oil offers a plethora of benefits. Here is how to use this essential oil and reap its benefits.
Here is an infographic of 10 Essential Oils for everyday use and their benefits. Incorporate them in your everyday life and enjoy their benefits.
Not sure about how to choose and use essential oils? This article covers all the basics including common essential oils and their uses, and safety tips.
Asthma 101 - What You Need to Know What is Asthma? Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease in which the air passages are inflamed, resulting in narrowing of the airways…
Community threadsView all
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 1 month ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 2 months ago
- Rahul Siwal
How do I manage type 2 diabetes using natural and herbal products?
- 2 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 6 months ago
So how well do you #knowthybody? Do share some interesting facts about the human body.
- 7 months ago