Benefits of Massage for Babies Baby Promotes better sleep Provides relief from teething pains Provides relief from flatulence Relieves indigestion Reduces cranky behavior Helps in gaining weight Strengthens the…
Licorice root, commonly known as sweet root is generally used as sweetener in sweets and candies. But it is full of medicinal benefits which has been used since centuries. It is available in many forms, either containing glycyrrhizin or as DGL, deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Licorice act as a healing agent for many diseases including asthma, athlete’s foot, baldness, body odor, bursitis, canker sores, chronic fatigue, depression, colds and flu, coughs, dandruff, emphysema, gingivitis and tooth decay, gout, heartburn, HIV, viral infections, fungal infections, ulcers, liver problems, Lyme disease, menopause, psoriasis, shingles, sore throat, tendinitis, tuberculosis, ulcers, yeast infections, prostate enlargement and arthritis.
Health Benefits of Licorice Root
- Licorice root consists of anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties, hence soothes the gastrointestinal diseases
- It is also used for the treatment for respiratory problems
- In long run it also reduces stress
- It is also an aid in treatment in breast and prostate cancer
- It may be used for treating skin allergies like Eczema
- The antioxidants present in Licorice also helps in cardiovascular diseases and high cholesterol
- The phytoestrogenic, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties present in Licorice helps in menopause and menstruation cramps also
- It also deals with depression and nervousness
Related Health Conditions/ Diseases
- Depression (A mood disorder causing a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart problems that include diseased vessels, structural problems and blood clots)
- Skin Problems (Skin infections caused by bacteria or by a fungus, virus or parasite)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (It’s a functional disorders which may causes constipation, IBS, acid reflux etc)
Glycyrrhiza Glabra,Liquorice,Acide Glycyrrhizique, Acide Glycyrrhizinique, Alcacuz, Alcazuz, Bois Doux, Bois Sucré, Can Cao, Chinese Licorice, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Gan Cao, Gan Zao, Glabra, Glycyrrhiza, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Glycyrrhiza glabra typica, Glycyrrhiza glabra violacea, G
Which compounds are available in Licorice root?The main compounds available in Licorice root are Flavonoids, Coumarins, Triterpenoids, and Stilbenoids.
Where is Licorice root generally found?Licorice root are generally grown in Europe, the Mediterranean , and Asia.
Depression is a disorder in the mind that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest leading to numerous physical and emotional problems. To be diagnosed as suffering from depression, a person needs to be in that state for at least two weeks. Psychotherapy and medications are some of the ways to treat patients with depression.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
9 Wholesome Foods That Your Baby Will Love As if the stress of taking care of a baby, trying to get the baby to sleep through the night and dealing…
Common Causes of Hair Fall Thyroid Problems Hormonal disorders Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Hormonal imbalances Scalp Infections Fungal infections Pregnancy Hormonal changes Use of Birth Control Pills Side effect of the…
6 Home Remedies that will prevent hair fall and promote growth Did you know that our scalp has approximately 100,000 strands of hair and that we lose 50-100 strands a…
8 MOST COMMON STOMACH AILMENTS & HOW TO TREAT THEM AT HOME COMMON STOMACH AILMENTS INDIGESTION HEARTBURN ACIDITY GASTRITIS STOMACH ACHE VOMITING GAS PEPTIC ULCER HOW TO TREAT THEM AT…
Community threadsView all
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 1 week ago
- Rahul Siwal
How do I manage type 2 diabetes using natural and herbal products?
- 2 weeks ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 3 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 3 months ago
So how well do you #knowthybody? Do share some interesting facts about the human body.
- 4 months ago