9 Foods That Will Help Purify Your Blood & Detoxify Our lifestyle, the pollutants in the air and the junk most of us feed our body prevent our organs from…
Licorice root, commonly known as sweet root is generally used as sweetener in sweets and candies. But it is full of medicinal benefits which has been used since centuries. It is available in many forms, either containing glycyrrhizin or as DGL, deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Licorice act as a healing agent for many diseases including asthma, athlete’s foot, baldness, body odor, bursitis, canker sores, chronic fatigue, depression, colds and flu, coughs, dandruff, emphysema, gingivitis and tooth decay, gout, heartburn, HIV, viral infections, fungal infections, ulcers, liver problems, Lyme disease, menopause, psoriasis, shingles, sore throat, tendinitis, tuberculosis, ulcers, yeast infections, prostate enlargement and arthritis.
Health Benefits of Licorice Root
- Licorice root consists of anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties, hence soothes the gastrointestinal diseases
- It is also used for the treatment for respiratory problems
- In long run it also reduces stress
- It is also an aid in treatment in breast and prostate cancer
- It may be used for treating skin allergies like Eczema
- The antioxidants present in Licorice also helps in cardiovascular diseases and high cholesterol
- The phytoestrogenic, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties present in Licorice helps in menopause and menstruation cramps also
- It also deals with depression and nervousness
Related Health Conditions/ Diseases
- Depression (A mood disorder causing a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart problems that include diseased vessels, structural problems and blood clots)
- Skin Problems (Skin infections caused by bacteria or by a fungus, virus or parasite)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (It’s a functional disorders which may causes constipation, IBS, acid reflux etc)
Glycyrrhiza Glabra,Liquorice,Acide Glycyrrhizique, Acide Glycyrrhizinique, Alcacuz, Alcazuz, Bois Doux, Bois Sucré, Can Cao, Chinese Licorice, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Gan Cao, Gan Zao, Glabra, Glycyrrhiza, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Glycyrrhiza glabra typica, Glycyrrhiza glabra violacea, G
Which compounds are available in Licorice root?The main compounds available in Licorice root are Flavonoids, Coumarins, Triterpenoids, and Stilbenoids.
Where is Licorice root generally found?Licorice root are generally grown in Europe, the Mediterranean , and Asia.
Depression is a disorder in the mind that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest leading to numerous physical and emotional problems. To be diagnosed as suffering from depression, a person needs to be in that state for at least two weeks. Psychotherapy and medications are some of the ways to treat patients with depression.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
YOGA SCHOOL: UTTANA SHISHOSANA OR EXTENDED PUPPY POSE [INFOGRAPHIC] Uttana Shishosana or Extended Puppy Pose helps stretch the spine, shoulders, arms, and upper back. This asana helps relieve tension, stress,…
Are you a single working woman and is diagnosed with PCOS? Know more about PCOS – cause, symptoms and how to manage it as a single woman.
Padangusthasana or Big Toe Pose improves flexibility of the body, and helps relieve stress and anxiety. Learn how to do this asana with through infographic.
3 Home Remedies To Treat Hair Fall & Promote Hair Regrowth On an average, every individual loses about 50-100 strands of hair every day. However, there are some, who lose…
Community threadsView all
Could you please let me know how to use flax seed and it’s uses?
- 57 minutes ago
- Poonam Dhawan Kandhari
Can I use ashwagandha? I am a diabetic.
- 1 week ago
- Ashoo Gupt
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 3 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 4 months ago
- Rahul Siwal
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 8 months ago