If you are passionate about fitness, you have to read about these 10 foods that boost stamina and endurance. After all, fitness is 80% diet & 20% exercise.
Licorice root, commonly known as sweet root is generally used as sweetener in sweets and candies. But it is full of medicinal benefits which has been used since centuries. It is available in many forms, either containing glycyrrhizin or as DGL, deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Licorice act as a healing agent for many diseases including asthma, athlete’s foot, baldness, body odor, bursitis, canker sores, chronic fatigue, depression, colds and flu, coughs, dandruff, emphysema, gingivitis and tooth decay, gout, heartburn, HIV, viral infections, fungal infections, ulcers, liver problems, Lyme disease, menopause, psoriasis, shingles, sore throat, tendinitis, tuberculosis, ulcers, yeast infections, prostate enlargement and arthritis.
Health Benefits of Licorice Root
- Licorice root consists of anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties, hence soothes the gastrointestinal diseases
- It is also used for the treatment for respiratory problems
- In long run it also reduces stress
- It is also an aid in treatment in breast and prostate cancer
- It may be used for treating skin allergies like Eczema
- The antioxidants present in Licorice also helps in cardiovascular diseases and high cholesterol
- The phytoestrogenic, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties present in Licorice helps in menopause and menstruation cramps also
- It also deals with depression and nervousness
Related Health Conditions/ Diseases
- Depression (A mood disorder causing a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart problems that include diseased vessels, structural problems and blood clots)
- Skin Problems (Skin infections caused by bacteria or by a fungus, virus or parasite)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (It’s a functional disorders which may causes constipation, IBS, acid reflux etc)
Glycyrrhiza Glabra,Liquorice,Acide Glycyrrhizique, Acide Glycyrrhizinique, Alcacuz, Alcazuz, Bois Doux, Bois Sucré, Can Cao, Chinese Licorice, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Gan Cao, Gan Zao, Glabra, Glycyrrhiza, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Glycyrrhiza glabra typica, Glycyrrhiza glabra violacea, G
Which compounds are available in Licorice root?The main compounds available in Licorice root are Flavonoids, Coumarins, Triterpenoids, and Stilbenoids.
Where is Licorice root generally found?Licorice root are generally grown in Europe, the Mediterranean , and Asia.
Depression is a disorder in the mind that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest leading to numerous physical and emotional problems. To be diagnosed as suffering from depression, a person needs to be in that state for at least two weeks. Psychotherapy and medications are some of the ways to treat patients with depression.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
The fresh and sweet smelling Lavender Essential Oil offers a plethora of benefits. Here is how to use this essential oil and reap its benefits.
Here is an infographic of 10 Essential Oils for everyday use and their benefits. Incorporate them in your everyday life and enjoy their benefits.
Not sure about how to choose and use essential oils? This article covers all the basics including common essential oils and their uses, and safety tips.
Asthma 101 - What You Need to Know What is Asthma? Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease in which the air passages are inflamed, resulting in narrowing of the airways…
Community threadsView all
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 1 month ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 2 months ago
- Rahul Siwal
How do I manage type 2 diabetes using natural and herbal products?
- 2 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 6 months ago
So how well do you #knowthybody? Do share some interesting facts about the human body.
- 7 months ago