Trikonasana or Triangle Pose helps strengthen your body, improve blood circulation and reduce anxiety. This infographic will help you perform it asana perfectly.
Licorice root, commonly known as sweet root is generally used as sweetener in sweets and candies. But it is full of medicinal benefits which has been used since centuries. It is available in many forms, either containing glycyrrhizin or as DGL, deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Licorice act as a healing agent for many diseases including asthma, athlete’s foot, baldness, body odor, bursitis, canker sores, chronic fatigue, depression, colds and flu, coughs, dandruff, emphysema, gingivitis and tooth decay, gout, heartburn, HIV, viral infections, fungal infections, ulcers, liver problems, Lyme disease, menopause, psoriasis, shingles, sore throat, tendinitis, tuberculosis, ulcers, yeast infections, prostate enlargement and arthritis.
Health Benefits of Licorice Root
- Licorice root consists of anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties, hence soothes the gastrointestinal diseases
- It is also used for the treatment for respiratory problems
- In long run it also reduces stress
- It is also an aid in treatment in breast and prostate cancer
- It may be used for treating skin allergies like Eczema
- The antioxidants present in Licorice also helps in cardiovascular diseases and high cholesterol
- The phytoestrogenic, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties present in Licorice helps in menopause and menstruation cramps also
- It also deals with depression and nervousness
Related Health Conditions/ Diseases
- Depression (A mood disorder causing a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Heart problems that include diseased vessels, structural problems and blood clots)
- Skin Problems (Skin infections caused by bacteria or by a fungus, virus or parasite)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (It’s a functional disorders which may causes constipation, IBS, acid reflux etc)
Glycyrrhiza Glabra,Liquorice,Acide Glycyrrhizique, Acide Glycyrrhizinique, Alcacuz, Alcazuz, Bois Doux, Bois Sucré, Can Cao, Chinese Licorice, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Gan Cao, Gan Zao, Glabra, Glycyrrhiza, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Glycyrrhiza glabra typica, Glycyrrhiza glabra violacea, G
Which compounds are available in Licorice root?The main compounds available in Licorice root are Flavonoids, Coumarins, Triterpenoids, and Stilbenoids.
Where is Licorice root generally found?Licorice root are generally grown in Europe, the Mediterranean , and Asia.
Depression is a disorder in the mind that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest leading to numerous physical and emotional problems. To be diagnosed as suffering from depression, a person needs to be in that state for at least two weeks. Psychotherapy and medications are some of the ways to treat patients with depression.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
Acne is a common problem faced, particularly by teenagers. Here is a video of 4 easy ways to treat and prevent acne using herbal and natural products.
Kumbhakasana or Plank Pose is very effective in building core strength. This infographic is a step by step guide to help you perform this yoga asana with ease.
Here is an infographic on how to perform the Astavakrasana or Eight-Angle Pose. This asana is helpful in building core strength and toning abdominal muscles.
Bakasana or Crane Pose helps increase both mental and physical strength. This infographic is a step by step guide on how to perform this asana.
Community threadsView all
Can I use ashwagandha? I am a diabetic.
- 4 days ago
- Ashoo Gupt
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 2 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 3 months ago
- Rahul Siwal
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 7 months ago
So how well do you #knowthybody? Do share some interesting facts about the human body.
- 8 months ago