Trikonasana or Triangle Pose helps strengthen your body, improve blood circulation and reduce anxiety. This infographic will help you perform it asana perfectly.
Inula Racemosa, commonly known as Pushkarmool in India is a plant of medicinal value that is regarded highly in Ayurvedic medicine for its healing properties. A plant native to Nepal and India the Pushkarmool plant normally grows at a height of about 5000-14,000 feet above the sea-level in the north-western Himalayan region. The roots of Pushkarmool resemble the Kustha or kootha herb and hence it is used extensively for kooth adulteration in Kashmir. The fresh roots have a strong smell which eventually fades away once they are dry.
Pushkarmool provides a wide range of benefits and is used to treat various medical conditions. It is the herb of choice in all kind of respiratory problems and thus widely used in cases of asthma, chronic cough, sinusitis, cold, rhinitis and other respiratory illnesses. It also cures nervous disorders, facial paralysis, diabetes and anemia. The roots of Pushkarmool which are used for medicinal purposes possess thermogenic, anti-anginal, expectorant, emmenagouge and hypoglycemic properties.
The Charaka samhita has prescribed pushkarmool for hiccups and asthma but its best use is seen in curing pleurisy - a condition where there is inflammation of tissue layers surrounding the lungs. Pushkarmool roots powder when consumed on daily basis can help one maintain healthy cholesterol levels and keep heart diseases at bay. Studies have shown that this herb is effective in treating obesity and thus it is a common ingredient in many dietary supplements.
- Pushkarmool herb is useful for the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cough. Its broncho-dilatory and anti-histaminic properties make it a potent herb that is quite effective in tackling asthma.
- Pushkarmool reduces the excess water in the respiratory tract and keeps the lungs in good condition in the process acting as a rejuvenating tonic for the lungs.
- Pushkarmool is anti-anginal, vasodilatory, anti-ischaemic and anti-inflammatory in nature. It is therefore an apt herb for correcting the problems of the heart.
- The Alantolactone component present in Pushkarmool increases insulin sensitivity as a result of which the body secretes less insulin. Due to this the body stores less fat helping in weight loss.
- Pushkarmool is a good anti-allergic herb that lowers the stress hormone and thus works well in stress related conditions.
- Pushkarmool possesses anti-bacterial properties which make it an effective option for treating bacterial infections.
- Pushkarmool stimulates the brain and nervous system so it is quite useful in case of vata disorders and cerebral impairment (decline in cognitive functions resulting in memory problems).
Inula Racemosa,Padma Patra,Pokharmul, Pushkara Mulamu, Pohkarmul , Puskaramul, Pushkarmul, Puskaramulam, Elicampane, Kashmira
What are the chemical composition of Pushkarmool?The chemical composition of Pushkarmool are Inulin, alantolactone, isoalantolactone.
What are its effects on Tridoshas of the body?Pushkarmool, pungent, and bitter in taste, hence balances Kapha and because of its hot potency, it balances Vata Dosha.
latest blogs / ArticlesView all
Acne is a common problem faced, particularly by teenagers. Here is a video of 4 easy ways to treat and prevent acne using herbal and natural products.
Kumbhakasana or Plank Pose is very effective in building core strength. This infographic is a step by step guide to help you perform this yoga asana with ease.
Here is an infographic on how to perform the Astavakrasana or Eight-Angle Pose. This asana is helpful in building core strength and toning abdominal muscles.
Bakasana or Crane Pose helps increase both mental and physical strength. This infographic is a step by step guide on how to perform this asana.
Community threadsView all
Can I use ashwagandha? I am a diabetic.
- 4 days ago
- Ashoo Gupt
I have been asked to have Ashwagandha as a natural anti-inflammatory herb. However, different produ…
- 2 months ago
- Akhtar Jalaludheen
Complete this sentence in less than 100 words. My health resolution for 2017 is to…
- 3 months ago
- Rahul Siwal
Eating greens like wheat grass is supposed to have multiple health benefits but not sure. Can someo…
- 7 months ago
So how well do you #knowthybody? Do share some interesting facts about the human body.
- 8 months ago